Here is Our 2015 Series on False Arrest Cases!

Our articles below include true and accurate facts, documents and court decisions from a recent false arrest case we successfully litigated against police officer.

Article 1:  The True Statement of Facts Taken from a Recent Search and Seizure Case  [Read here….]

 What is False Arrest?

A police officer can only detain a person with an arrest warrant, or with probable cause that a crime has been committed. Of course, determining whether a police officer had probable cause to arrest is usually a close call. Therefore, evaluating whether  subsequent civil suit against the officer and against his employer is worth your time and money gets very complicated. We hope that the series of sample documents presented herein helps you understand this (sometimes complicated) area of the law.

Article 2:  We asked the Court to declare our client the automatic winner, without having a jury trial, on the ground that there was absolutely no probable cause for the Police Officer’s actions  [Read here…]

What is False Imprisonment?

A police officer commits false imprisonment when she:

  • – Intentionally;
  • – Confines a person;
  • – Against his/her will; and
  • – Without a legal basis for the confinement (i.e, falsely).

The police misconduct and civil rights lawyers at Martin & Colin, P.C., handle false arrest and false imprisonment cases. If you have suffered damages or losses due to a false arrest or imprisonment due to police misconduct, our attorneys may be able to help. Please email us by using the ‘Contact Us’ form on this page.

Sample documents to help you understand the false arrest case:

Complaint –        Getting the Lawsuit Started  [Read Here]

The false arrest, excessive force and official misconduct lawyers at Martin + Colin, P.C. have expertise handling: illegal searches and seizures, improper stops, police brutality, excessive force and false imprisonment claims.

Call us now at (914) 771 7711 and let us apply our expertise to your case.

CALL NOW! 914- 771- 7711


We Can Help. Call Now!